Friday 17 March 2017

Floral Inspiration ~ Nail Machine

Hello!

Today's manicure was inspired by Nail Machine on Instagram! Her mani was a hand-painted blue rose pattern with a gold-lined accent nail - just my style, and absolutely gorgeous.

I have found out through many attempts that, unfortunately, painting designs by hand with nail art brushes just isn't my talent. It always ends up looking thick and clumsy! Luckily I have many stamping plates with designs to compensate for this, and my MoYou Pro 17 plate had a rose pattern that would do the trick.

I started with the gold accent on my ring fingernail: using French tip guide stickers and Chrome Olive by Models Own I painted a thin, curved line. Then above that line and on the whole of my other nails I used an off-white, Cream Soda by Barry M, as my base colour. I then used my MoYou stamping mat to make decals, stamping the rose pattern in Cream Soda and colouring it in with three shades of blue.

Cream Soda isn't quite opaque so the roses ended up pretty undefined, but I am still happy with the floral look I ended up with. Apologies for the poor lighting - I'm still very tired all the time so it's been difficult to take photos at the ideal time of day.


Thanks to Nail Machine for the inspiration!

Hugs,

Lisa xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! I love hearing from fellow polish addicts so comments are most appreciated. Just to let you know that I am unwell some of the time but will try my best to reply xx