Thursday 9 April 2015

Barry M Speedy Quick Dry ~ Eat My Dust & Pit Stop

Hello!

Barry M recently released their Speedy range, a collection of quick-dry polishes in really pleasant Spring shades. Tesco had a "3 for 2" offer on so I bought two shades to try, plus a replacement bottle of Rosehip from the Gelly range. It is very dangerous to a nail polish addict when your local supermarket has a cosmetics department right next to the groceries!

Eat My Dust is a pale lavender-grey and Pit Stop is a warm grey. The polishes come with a flat, wide brush which I personally prefer and they go on in two coats. To properly test the "quick-dry" claim I opened up the stopwatch on my iPod Touch and timed my Eat My Dust manicure!

The first coat took just under 2 minutes to become touch-dry. The second coat took 3 and a half minutes to become touch-dry. In total it took me around 16 minutes to paint my nails and for them to dry, including doing some clean-up with a cuticle stick as I went along.

Eat My Dust:


Pit Stop:


Since I do my nails as a hobby I don't normally keep track of how long it takes, or rush to get them done as quickly as possible. So I'll leave it to you, the much-appreciated reader, to judge if the drying times are quick enough for you! What do you reckon?

Hugs,

Lisa xx

2 comments:

  1. Pit Stop is so pretty! I'm definitely in love with that kind of hues... Well, I like to take my time when I do my nails too, but I must admit that I really, really appreciated getting a fast drying top coat! Even if it shrinks sometimes u_u. So I'm not that worried by the drying time of the color itself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can agree with that Léa, I love my Seche Vite so much I bought a big salon refill bottle!! xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading! I love hearing from fellow polish addicts so comments are most appreciated. Just to let you know that I am unwell some of the time but will try my best to reply xx