Tuesday 25 March 2014

Paperchase Manicure

Hello!

Today's manicure is inspired by the Paperchase notebook I use when studying Old French poetry! The design is of shining metallic butterflies over aged vintage postcards. This mani took me a long time to get around to finishing as I've been ill... it was weird to have just the nude base colour on my nails for four days!

The nail art techniques I've used are the clingfilm technique, regular stamping and stamping decals ^_^


And here is the inspiring notebook!


I've tried quite a few times to make stamping decals with limited success, but I'm really happy with how these ones turned out! I made little butterflies with Bundle Monster plate 307 and coloured them in with metallic polish.

For the clingfilm part I painted a coat of Barry M's Gold Foil over a fully dry base of OPI's My Vampire Is Buff, and dabbed at it with my scrunched-up clingfilm while still wet. And the regular stamping is the pretty script design from Moyou Princess 11. Everything is topped with plenty of Sèche Vite.

Hope you like it!

Hugs,

Lisa xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! I love hearing from fellow polish addicts so comments are most appreciated. Just to let you know that I am unwell some of the time but will try my best to reply xx