Sunday 2 October 2011

Boots No7 ~ Snowflake

Hello!

Well, as soon as my student loan came through I did a bit of shopping - some for things I genuinely needed like new shoes (I am not a shoe person but my current ballerina flats are falling apart!) and university supplies, but also some new nail polish.  Bad Lisa!  This is my haul:



I had read great reviews on Boots' website about Nails Inc.'s base and top coat set; so far they have indeed served me well, although I find the top coat a little awkward to apply evenly.  Great results despite that though and I definitely recommend.  From a market stall I bought two La Femme Beauty polishes and a blue glitter shimmer striping polish for the bargainous price of 99p each!! 

Aaaand, I was given another Boots voucher, aaaand, I just had to use it.  Since the only whites I own are a bad 17 one and a harsh tip whitener I went for Snowflake, which looked very nice and subtle in its bottle.



This shows 3 coats of Snowflake.  I actually really like this polish.  As a base colour the 3 coats pretty much suffice, but if I were wearing it alone I would add a 4th.  It's a lot of coats, but given the pleasant soft white you end up with it's all good! 

On this occasion I did use Snowflake as a base colour for a polka dot mani with No7's cheery blue Stand Back!.  Unfortunately all I have is a webcam photo, but it did look very nice and cute! 


Hugs,

Lisa xx

1 comment:

Thank you so much for reading! I love hearing from fellow polish addicts so comments are most appreciated. Just to let you know that I am unwell some of the time but will try my best to reply xx