Tuesday 6 September 2011

Boots No7 ~ Vivid Violet

Hello!

Today I broke my no-buy again, but this one was planned because I had vouchers.  Recently when you've spent over a certain amount at Boots you get a '£5 off No7' voucher.  This meant that I could get a £7 'Stay Perfect' nail polish for £2.  Happy times!

The first polish I chose was Vivid Violet, a rich shimmer purple.

In daylight the colour looked more 'cold', a deep purple whose shimmer had a hint of silver.  In indoor light,the colour warms up and you see a reddish hue.  Here are my nails...



With flash:



As I'm looking at my nails now, under a warm indoor light, the flash pics best represent the colour of the polish.  But I love the different shades you see in different lights!

I'm wearing 2 coats of Vivid Violet in the above pics.  Application wasn't very smooth (it's difficult to get just the right amount on the brush), which gave me a bad first impression of the polish, but in the end I really like it.  It doesn't strike me as really special and unique, but it is pretty - and as somehow the only other purple shimmer in my collection is 8 years old, I get the feeling that this will become one of my key polishes.

Is it worth the normal £7 price tag?  Not to me, but I'm a cheapskate born and raised.  It is well worth the price I paid for it though.  The '£5 off No7' vouchers expire on the 11th of September so if you've got one hiding at the bottom of your handbag, or if you're planning a trip to Boots, I say get there fast and take advantage!

Hugs,

Lisa

3 comments:

  1. I think it is a lovely polish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous polish! Do you think they are worth the full price or not? I used to buy No7 polish a few years back, and to be honest, I never felt they were worth the money...I wonder if they've improved? x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh hello Sarah! Well, the Cheeky Chops I just reviewed I would pay full price for because I really love the colour - but otherwise the colours aren't far and away from what you could buy for £3-4 and the application quality isn't what you'd expect for such a high price. I do want to get Lucky Lilac with my 3rd Boots voucher if I get the chance, it looks amazing xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading! I love hearing from fellow polish addicts so comments are most appreciated. Just to let you know that I am unwell some of the time but will try my best to reply xx